Shaun and I just had our 7 year wedding anniversary and I can't believe how time flies. As the years go by I can truly say that I feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have found and married such an amazing guy. Here's a little shout out to my better half. (I'm not kidding about the better half. :) ) Here are just some of the reasons I love this guy.
1. Shaun puts up with my crazy habit of always planning a party at our house or planning to go to a party somewhere else and forgetting to tell him until 2 minutes before. He is so patient with me.
2. One time Shaun came home from work and I had our kitchen table and chairs in the garage painting them black, and the wall in the living room repainted with diamonds on it. He looked at me and asked what I was doing and I told him that I thought I had told him. He literally smiled, shook his head and then said, "I loved it!" Again, very patient.
3. When we first got married we got two of the same things when we opened gifts. We did not know which stores some of the gifts had come from, so I had the idea to keep those gifts in the car in case we came across the store and then we could run out to the car and return the gift. Shaun had another idea. One day he was helping some of his old roommates move into a new apartment and they commented about the awesome crock pot, blender, toaster, etc. that were in the car. Shaun (aka, Santa Claus) then took the liberty of handing out every last Wedding present to anyone and everyone who wanted or needed something. He has always been generous. I have to say that I was not jumping for joy when I found this out, but we laugh about it now.
4. Whenever Shaun sees someone in need on the side of the road, he always stops to help them. He is very charitable. I get nervous about this habit of his and I think he has stopped telling me how often he does this.
5. He is the most forgiving, non judgemental person I know. Always giving others the benefit of the doubt even if someone has wronged him.
6. Very goal oriented. Loves learning and is always trying to better himself.
7. Loves to make me and the kids laugh. Shaun has such a witty sense of humor and loves to make others smile. He is not afraid to be silly or make a fool of himself. What I mean by that is, he puts up with my crazy collection of costumes and wigs and is always game to play a joke or dress up crazy with me.
8. He spends so much quality time with the kids. The kids hide every day when Shaun gets home from work and he pretends he can't find them. Then, when they finally come out they all wrestle and laugh so hard. The kids adore they're daddy. He never complains if he comes home from work and I say, "you get the kids tonight, I am going to run away for a while." He just smiles and says, " We will miss you, but run away for as long as you need."
9. Loves the gospel. When Shaun and I were dating, Juliette and my mom were snooping in Shauns truck (why you ask, I have no idea except that that is what families do. We have got to watch out for each other.) Anyway, Juliette came in and told me that he had two book of mormons to hand out and his goals for the year posted on his dash. She was the hardest person to impress when I was dating someone. She gave her full approval after that.
10. I have to throw in this story just to keep my husband humble. I don't want his head to get to big by saying all these nice things. We met on a blind date. On this blind date we went swimming!!!!!!! I know, isn't that the worst. Anyway, he later admitted, after we had gotten married, that before I saw him in his swimming suit that he went around the corner and did a bunch of push ups so his arms and chest would look bigger. I laughed so hard and still do at the sight of that.
I love you Shaun, Happy Anniversary!!!