Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Mothers Day

My mom is so fabulous!! She was always a mom that taught us that anything is possible. Her motto is "Kill them with Kindness". I remember as a little girl if my mom ever heard my friends and I talking about someone else she always stepped in and pointed out something positive about that person and let my friends and I know that she did not like how we were talking. I remember being embarrassed sometimes but she taught me so much by doing that. She is never afraid to defend what she believes in, or stick up for an individual no matter how unpopular her view may be. She is very, very, loyal and would do anything at any time for her family and
friends. She is a comforter. She always knows what to say to others who are having a hard time in life, or suffering in some way. She is always serving others and finding ways to help and give hope to those around her. I remember as a little girl always having someone staying with us that had a broken home and needed a place to stay for a while. She always encouraged us to think of kids at school that did not have friends or might be a little different and had us invite them to our parties or over to play. Shes always is in the moment. She acts as if she has all the time in the world, which makes you feel so important if you are chatting with her, or need something. She loves to joke, be silly, and she loves to laugh. She truly just loves life in anything she does. As I get older it seems like I can call my mom and she always has an answer or words of encouragement to keep me going. I love you mom!!

OK so my family started a family tradition a few years back and I love it!! Every mothers day the men cook, the woman sit in the dining room, and the men sit in the kitchen with all of the children and have to be at our beckon call. We are actually quite obnoxious about it and milk it for all it is worth. We have them refill our glasses, bring us seconds, salt our food, you name it, they do it. It is so fun to sit with the ladies uninterrupted and just chat while we are waited on. The guys are troupers and put up with us for the evening. Love you Shaun. Thanks for a fabulous mothers day.

My good friend sent me this great quote by Sister Hinkley and it is now one of my favorites.
"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car

Wearing beautiful tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed and

With long perfectly manicured fingernails.

I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels

From taking kids to Scout camp.

I want to be there with grass stains on my shoes from mowing

Sister Scheck's lawn.

I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from

Making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children.

I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping

Weed someone's garden.

I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and

Tears of a friend on my shoulder.

I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived.



Marjorie Pay Hinckley

9 comments:

Cossebooms said...

Love that quote. So cute! Looks like you had a great mother's day.

Unknown said...

lol! that is hilarious that the men serve u and yes I'm SURE u are all extremely obnoxious about it! Can only imagine! I love that the men do it though. I love your fam! Though I have to admit, I def milked Jon and my thing was "It's mothers day weekend" So i milked it for 2 1/2 days :) Your mom is so cute! Love the post. Makes me feel guilty that I didn't do something cute about my mom on my blog........oh wait,that's cuz nobody in the fam READS it!

juliette said...

Mom is the best- I really wish I could just act as if time wasn't real. You look beautiful and I wish I could have joined the fam for mother's day!

Beluga said...

Hi Tiffany! I stole this quote - it's beautiful! Check out my blog too...

Lydia said...

That's the way to have Mother's Day. Your mom looks great and so do you!

Unknown said...

What an amazing tribute to your mom. She must be amazing to have raised such incredible daughters!!!

ilm3ib said...

I love that quote! It seems like you guys are doing great... Glad to hear it!

juliette said...

Nice comment on Cherisse's blog! If you can't recall, it's you asking her if she would update your blog. By the way, you weren't kidding. No, I'm afraid you are going to have to update your own blog and fast because when preschool starts it will only get harder! See you at the theatre!

Saragers said...

seriously, update your blog. no i will not do it!! come on!!